Old 29-07-2011, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Garden ER

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:47:05 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:52:54 +0100, Mike Lyle
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:57:35 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Poor plants. Still, better them than me!

You a commie or sumpin'?

I treasure the memory of a Coca-Cola spokesman's reply when asked to
justify selling his bizarre beverage in some of the poorest countries
in the world: "For a few minutes, we enable these people to feel
they're living real life."

That reminds me of when I was shown a rusty old Coca-Cola display by a
"guide" in the Sahara dessert. He was so proud that he had joined the
rest of the world. There was also a painted sign advertising Camel
cigarettes but I think that was just for us foreigners. There must
have been a profit importing American cigarettes to sell to gullible
British and German tourists. I fell for it!

Steve

I could *never* smoke a camel. They won't stay still for long enough
:-)

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk