Old 26-02-2003, 04:03 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Kentucky Blue

This is the 1/3 acre that I seeded last week with native American
grasses:

http://www.celestialhabitats.com/tn_Dscn0880.jpg
http://www.celestialhabitats.com/tn_Dscn0921.jpg

I ordered my seed from http://www.seedsource.com (Native American Seed).
Excellent seed!

Sincerely,

J. Kolenovsky
VP, Houston chapter, Native Plant Society of Texas
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

John wrote:

=

We are in the process of building our cabin, and wanted to plant a litt=

le
over 1.25 acres of Kentucky blue on a portion of the remaining land. Th=

soil is of the sandy type, and we are located in southern Oregon at aro=

und
4500 ft. The property originally had pine trees and sage brush. Some of=

the
pines remain, but I have rough graded the property to rid it of the sag=

e and
tree stumps. We are not expecting to move in until the fall of '04, so =

we
have time to do everything right.
=

If any, what would you recommend as a topsoil combination? Best and mos=

efficient way of smoothing out the rough grade, so no there are no abru=

pt
changes throughout the lawn? Sod, seed, or hydroseed? Best time of year=

plant? Any other tips that would be beneficial?
=

Thanks in advance.

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP