Old 31-07-2011, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Water Mr Water is offline

Default Greenhouse Irrigation

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 20:04:35 +0000 (UTC), xpzzzz wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:13:25 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I want to be able to connect 4mm sections of tubing together - put be
able to
pull apart easily and connect up in different configuration.

At the moment I cut the tubing to overcome the "barbed" end of the
connectors.

Where are you? I have (quite) a few extra connectors - including
some "T"'s - with no barbs, they are just a snug fit and do not seem to
leak.

Many thanks to you and Charlie, I think I have the problem solved.
I found a couple of "joins" for connecting a 4mm to the bigger piping.
They are not a barb on each end, but one end is threaded for screwing in to the
side wall of the wider pipe.

I have just made a straight through 4mm connection by screwing in to one pipe
and pushing barb on the other. It then unscrewed perfectly.

Perfect.

Thanks for your efforts though.