Old 01-08-2011, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Plum wine query

"john smith" wrote in message
Hi there!

We have a surfeit of plums this year - and very nice they are too! - but
rather than letting them go to waste. I was wondering how easy it'd be to
make plum wine? I've found a few recipes online but was wondering if
anyone here had any first-hand tips they could pass on?

Thanks in advance!

Plum makes a good wine.
The main problem is a haze caused by pectin in the plums, you'll probably
need a pectin enzyme to clear it.

Why not make jam? The pectin is an asset here (makes the jam set)