Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default weather and climate

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 23:45:30 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

Our weather is very unpredictble, in October it could go either way,
no-one can say.

It's pretty unpredictable most of the time...

By October it is starting to cool, we expect the first snow falls end
of October early November but we are at 1400' (high for living in the
UK) on the North Pennines.

Climate will depend on where you are, cooler in the north warmer in
the south with about a 10C range N to S. The south could still be
seeing 20C daytime temps in Oct but more likely 15 to 20. The west
will be generally wetter than the east.

Cripes, you're optimistic! Typical daytime temperatures in the
south in October are not that high. Try 10-20, with even lower
ones possible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.