Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default worm bin awkwardness

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:00:21 +0100, Adam Funk
wrote:
pruned....... that's a good point about the turning problem.

I should have said, given you need to turn/aerate the compost to
promote decomposition, see if you can get your hands on one of those
"Garden Claw" weeders that were all the rage years ago. Proper compost
turning tools cost anything up to £20, though you can sometimes find
them for a tenner on ebay. But people seem to be chucking the old
Claws out all the time. Try a "wanted" ad on your local Freecycle and
you may get your hands on a Claw for nowt save a bit of petrol to
collect it. I got one that way and it's great for aerating the stuff
in my daleks.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk