Old 26-02-2003, 04:03 PM
E-Man

Default Sparrows Devouring Lettuce Plants!

Lar wrote in message We were warned not to feed our Quaker rommaine lettuce
for it would cause it diarrhea. Not sure if it would
react to other lettuce so never chanced it. If other
types of birds are similarly effected to lettuce, maybe
you have the last word by giving them a case of
"Fleemo's revenge"

i ALWAYS give my pigeons romaine lettuce, and other very green-leafy veggies
because Iceberg lettuce holds NO nutritional value and is almost all water
AND causes diarhia. I have never heard of romaine lettuce causing problems.
Is this true for parrots?
thanks,
E-Man