Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default garden bonfires and the law

In article , rufus says...

Given concern about pollution, recycling, energy conservation, etc I
wondered how widely local authorities in UK have banned the burning of
garden rubbish? Locally, I have seen tobacco smokers being driven back
into their workplaces by clouds of smoke from garden bonfires!

I once lived in an area (can't remember which), where there was a local
byelaw banning bonfires on Mondays - it was always regarded as wahing
day!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales