Old 20-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Default Java Fern

With too much lighting I have that exact problem. Try providing some
shading by using the taller plants to shadow it.

Marcus

http://www.Aquatic-store.com

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:31:51 -0000, "JFM" wrote:

I am having no luck growing Java Fern, the leaves having all turned
brown/black in the space of 2 weeks. The plants are attached to bog wood in
the middle of the tank.
Tank specs a
PH 7
JBL pro co2 injector
Nitrates @ 25ppm
Leaf Zone added once per week
40 Gallon tank.
Bright Lighting

Other plants include amazon sword, elodea densa, rorippa aquatica, crypts,
etc. These plants are all doing fine.

The brown/black does not seem to be algae, it seems more like the leaves are
just dying.

Could it be that the lighting is too bright, or perhaps not enought
nutrients?

JFM