Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Rain: hard and fast

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

In article , Baz
writes
Been sent home from work today, seems the rain has blown the electricity
somehow.

We had blip in energy at about 3.30pm yesterday (Wednesday) lots of
alarms going off and I was collecting cherry plums with someone outside
her house. Her electric gates shut and we had to try and find a way in
to reset them. Then we had to make sure no one else could get in
afterwards!

Computers reset etc.
Drizzling here today but steady and needed. Very good weather website,
love the web cam suggestions - only thing is they make Amersham (the old
town down the hill) higher in elevation that Amersham-on-the-hill!

Still I have now bookmarked it.

Janet

We rely too much on electricity don't we.
You know, computers have taken over, and without electricity we can't
charge laps or phones without a generator and other assorted hardware.
For obvious reasons we are not allowed to use any software out of office.
At my workplace, I am one of only a few who makes hard copies of important
docs. That is my fault and I am sort of working from home today when most
of the others have the whole day off with pay. Silly me. Stupid me.

Time I found another job where things are more "professional". hmph!
Baz