Old 04-08-2011, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kay Kay is offline

Default Sparrow hawks

On 02/08/2011 19:39, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

:~) Oh yes, I've rescued a few frogs in the past. Unfortunately,
Panther returns straight to the pond to fish for it again. Haven't seen
any frogs for about three years, and I don't think it's all Panther's
fault. We have seen lots of crows/ravens here (still can't tell the
difference!), so maybe they've been picking off the poor little critters
:~(.

Ravens are a size bigger than rooks and crows.

We have a blackbird who we caught in the act of lifting a newt from the
centre of the pond. Apparently not at all unusual.