Old 05-08-2011, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT. Twitter accounts

On 04/08/2011 22:25, Christina Websell wrote:
"Janet wrote in message
In , Christina Websell
writes
you cannot discover you suddenly have an
account at Lloyds bank if you know you haven't

Oh what a shame especially if there was a nice balance in there

I did once "win" a Lloyds bank account with £3 in it. I expect every
other student who entered their competition did exactly the same.

Exactly!
If anyone opened a bank account in my name I would grab the money out of
there ;-) It would serve them right.

I have actually been in that position with the boot on the other foot. A
banking error merged my own account with someone elses!

Name collisions can cause serious trouble. In this instance there were
two distinct M T Browns banking at the same branch and when I moved to
another part of the country they helpfully merged all the assets and
both salaries into my account. The other person was left with nothing -
cards all cancelled and a big mess. Hazards of having a common name.

The main problem is when someone steals your identity and uses it to run
up large debts pointing at you and your home. Happened to an elderly
couple nearby and it is very disconcerting for them to be hassled by
persistent debt collectors and bailiffs.

Regards,
Martin Brown