Old 05-08-2011, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT. Twitter accounts

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:57:09 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
writes
you cannot discover you suddenly have an
account at Lloyds bank if you know you haven't

Oh what a shame especially if there was a nice balance in there

Exactly!
If anyone opened a bank account in my name I would grab the money out of
there ;-) It would serve them right.

People have been convicted of theft for doing just that!

A colleague had around £50K accidentally put in his account by the
Dutch tax people. He told them what they had done. It took them around
6 months before they retrieved the money. We wanted him to put the
money in a high interest savings account, but he didn't dare.
--

Martin

When I came out of the Civil Service and return to Industry, my Civil
Service Pension was frozen and they sent me a paper saying what the lump sum
and pension would be on reaching the age of 60, the Civil Service Pension
age then. "Notify us a couple of months before your 60th birthday"

Couple of months before birthday, forms come and are returned. Lump sum and
pension to be paid into bank after birthday.

Go to hole in wall and call up a statement. Ooooooooooooopppppppppsss
tooooooooooooooo much much much too much money paid in :-((

Back to the telephone.

Lump Sum and Pension "Index Linked"

All mine :-))

Mike