Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Rain: hard and fast

mogga wrote in
:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:11:24 GMT, Baz wrote:

It's raining cats and dogs here in North Lincs. and has been for over
an hour. I mean bouncing off the road.
It looks like a typical winters day, dark and murky.
It took me over an hour to get home just now due to traffic. Normally
takes 10 mins.
Welcome though.

Baz

Grey as winter here but still boiling hot.

Yes, sticky,sweaty, horrible atmosphere(humidity?) but just before the rain
we had a lovely coolish breeze.
Can I give you a tip?
Put some underwear intended for tomorrow in a plastic bag in the fridge. I
put in a tee shirt as well. After your am shower or bath put 'em on for a
bit before you change for work. Honestly it helps.

It won't be long now until we have the dreaded Christmas and frosts, so
make the most of this time how ever uncomfortable it is.

Baz