Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default OT. Twitter accounts

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 21:12:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 04/08/2011 22:25, Christina Websell wrote:
"Janet wrote in message
In , Christina Websell
writes
you cannot discover you suddenly have an
account at Lloyds bank if you know you haven't

Oh what a shame especially if there was a nice balance in there

I did once "win" a Lloyds bank account with £3 in it. I expect every other
student who entered their competition did exactly the same.

Exactly!
If anyone opened a bank account in my name I would grab the money out of
there ;-) It would serve them right.

I have actually been in that position with the boot on the other foot. A
banking error merged my own account with someone elses!

Name collisions can cause serious trouble. In this instance there were two
distinct M T Browns banking at the same branch and when I moved to another
part of the country they helpfully merged all the assets and both salaries
into my account. The other person was left with nothing - cards all
cancelled and a big mess. Hazards of having a common name.

Luckily, I have an uncommon surname. There are not many of us and I think
we all came from the same root, in the North East.
Also luckily none of us seem to be not managing their spending habits and
have no bailiffs after us (phew)

Tina

And there I was thinking you were running some sort of internet sales
business

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk