Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

"Baz" wrote in message
Yesterday the OH and me were in the front garden doing some weeding when a
chap came to me, treading on plants and with a dodgy attitude asked if I
wanted him to fix my roof! I said there is nothing wrong with the roof and
if there was I could fix it. He went on to ask if I wanted the garden
digging! Then did I want the plastic window frames cleaning! He wouldn't
take no for an answer.
Unknown to me the OH recognised him from last year when he was stealing
wheelie bins and rang the police. While undesired man and me were talking
OH passed me the phone out of the window and was surprised to be talking
the police(as I didn't know she had rang them). I quickly got the gist and
gave them a reg. no. of a pickup truck which I thought must have been his,
he ran off immediatly.

6.30 this morning we were going out for the day. No chance. 8 slashed
tyres
and DEEP scratches to the bodywork of our cars.

I feel like giving in! For F**ks sake. We both have to go to work
tomorrow.

Baz

Well you asked for that didn't you? Couldn't you have used a bit more tact?

Be polite to him, get rid of him THEN call the Police!!!

Mike