Old 07-08-2011, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How bad is bad?

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:43:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:

We have had tyres slashed too. Our new car has no spare wheel just

sophisticated puncture outfit made for holes less than 3mm. I

spotted
this after I had bought the car. The salesman said a survey had

shown
that customers didn't need a spare wheel anymore!

!! What utter madness. When I picked up a horseshoe nail in one tyre, I
certainly needed a spare.

Most customers are townies, shed horseshoe nails are bit rare in
towns... Also most people these days wouldn't even know how to change
a wheel, assuming they know where the spare and/or the jack is
located. Chatting to the AA man who came out to me the other week
(failed injector, so real breakdown) he said that changing wheels
kept him in a job.

I've had 3 puncture altogether with this car, having never had one in my
life before!

That seems a bit odd. All in the same make/model of tyre? Some tread
patterns seem worse at picking things up than others. A soft compound
or less than ideal steel belting may let things in, "budget" tyres?

--
Cheers
Dave.