Old 26-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Rob Halgren

Default To all Paph sanderianum growers

In the mean time, would love to hear from others about your success and
obstacles to date. I have saved some of our earlier emails and have been
reading the info again wondering how everyone's game plan worked out-
especially in terms of survival rates in the first few months.

From what I have gathered and prepared from last year- seems I am covered
except on the matter of temperature. I am thinking of getting a small space
heater to run in the apartment right by the shelf to keep around an 80-85
degree range (my apartment runs 68 most of the time.) Any thoughts on that? Has
temperature been a big issue for any of you with these seedlings?

Mine are struggling. Perhaps that is due to temperature (running
55-65 in the winter). Split them up a few ways, and ended up with three
'mini-compots' (2.25" pots with 7 or 8 plants). Two of those compots
are still alive, although I haven't seen much growth. Had some issues
with watering enough early in their life, which I think set them back
quite a bit. Survival of the fittest.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit