Old 07-08-2011, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
ll.co.uk:

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 09:24:27 GMT, Baz wrote:

Let me tell you that this has scared us both half to death here, the
scroat has crept up during the night and caused thousands of pounds
worth of damage and we didn't hear a thing. Imagine if he wanted to do
US harm.

I can understand that but that isn't this scums modus operandi is it?
He might be a big, burly, intimdating bloke who you wouldn't want to
pick a fight with but inside he is as yellow as canary. Hence coming
back in the wee small hours just to mindlessly damage your property.

I don't know where the money is going to come from but we have to get
some quality recordable security here. Today if I can.

Keep that knee still if you can. There are quite complex rules around
CCTV recordings and having them as admisable evidence. Also a system
that can produce images that can be used to positively identify some
one from 20' won't be cheap...

If we have to re-mortgage we will have to do. We will not sleep properly
from now on otherwise. We are already talking about moving house.
This is a normal reaction, apparently. But we feel unsafe.If someone can do
that kind of frenzied damage, what if he really put his mind to it?

Baz