Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default How bad is bad?

On 07/08/2011 10:30, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 08:45:50 GMT, Baz wrote:

There is a neighbour across the road who has a CCTV and the police are
investigating now, but the vehicle is stolen sadly.

Bother, forget about the revenge. B-(

This individual is known to the police by description, and his method.
Thats all the police will say.

The Police usually do know the local "no goods" very well, trouble is
getting enough evidence to make a case stick to the scum.

With the bodywork damage it is almost certain both cars will be written
off.

For insurance purposes. As this is only cosmetic damage you could buy
the cars from the insurance company if they write them off and get
the damage repaired (or do it yourself). *A lot* less hassle than
having to find two replacement cars at short notice, or dashing out
to get a couple of £500 "good runners" to tide you over until you
find the cars you want.

While I have been writing this the insurance company have allocated us
courtsey cars and to wait for confirmation of the details. So its
wheels back on. Can it be so easy?

Well you may have to wait until the hire car co opens on Monday. If
the cars are going in for body work with the insurers approved place
the body shop will provide the courtsey car.

I wonder how this is going to affect our policies, money wise next
renewal.

I've had "protected no claims" for years so not up to speed on the
current rules. It used to be you got a 10 to 15% discount for each
year without a claim up to around 5 years. If you made a claim you
lost one of those years and the associated discount. As I say I don't
know if that is still how it works. Shopping around for car insurance
each year is normally worth while, compared to just blindly accepting
their renewal offer.

Again while writing, a neighbour has had "foul" put through his
letterbox last night or early this morning. Disgusting. The police are
taking this more seriously now.

Human or animal? I hope they sample it and run DNA test, they might
be able to get a link between him (or his pet) and at least that.

I often see (as everyone must) anti-social behaviour, but being a devout
coward I say nothing. If you admonish someone for litter dropping you
will at least get a mouthful of verbal abuse, perhaps worse. I don't
think it worth it. Which is why it is so prevalent I suspect.