Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

Sacha wrote in :

Is there anything you can do as a community? It's difficult with
everyone going to work each day but I wonder if patrols could be
arranged whereby, at the first sign of trouble, the perp knows they've
been spotted and the police called.
I agree. I think it's terrifying to think this has been done as you
slept and what is almost worse is to think he'll get off with an asbo
or less.

We have a thing here I think it's called community policing, where
civillians don a uniform, paid,full time but have lesser powers than the
actual police.
It's been a few hours now since the discovery of this rotten lot, and we
have both calmed down so much.
We are going to have to think hard about security and how much budget, to
my way of thinking it is maximum. We can't have this again.

Baz