Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default How bad is bad?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:43:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:

We have had tyres slashed too. Our new car has no spare wheel just

sophisticated puncture outfit made for holes less than 3mm. I

spotted
this after I had bought the car. The salesman said a survey had

shown
that customers didn't need a spare wheel anymore!

!! What utter madness. When I picked up a horseshoe nail in one tyre, I
certainly needed a spare.

Most customers are townies, shed horseshoe nails are bit rare in
towns... Also most people these days wouldn't even know how to change
a wheel, assuming they know where the spare and/or the jack is
located.

I know where my jack and spare wheel are. I also know how to change a
wheel - my dear old Dad saw to that. My problem is I just don't have the
strength to undo the wheel nuts the tyer fitters did up with a machine.

Baz, you and Mrs Baz have my sympathy. If it's any consolation, the coward,
having taken his revenge, will most likely not come near you again, because
you know who he is.

--
Kathy