Old 07-08-2011, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Garlic, shallot and onion query

Bob Hobden wrote:
Onions hate weeds around them , if you weed only one thing it has to be the
onions.

They were really well weeded for quite a while, then I turned my back for a
week and they got to the point where they'd just taken over. I think the
hot then rain then hot then rain just gifted the weeds. :-/

The potatoes are the same. I swear I weeded it clear less than a month ago,
have been chipping away at them on the weekends since, and now the damned
things are 5' tall! Fortunately the potatoes are all growing in bags, so
the weeds aren't actually affecting the potato plant growth, they just look
ugly.