Old 02-08-2011, 10:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default think my koi has a tumor any advice please

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:31:10 EDT, bauer5152
wrote:

wane;926139 Wrote:
noticed a lump on the tail of one of my koi a few years ago, have
treated with various over the counter medicines mainly anti bacterial
and anti funcus one of which turned the water green for about two weeks,
that actually shrunk the lump and i was hopefull of a cure only for it
to regrow bigger and darker in colour. it does not seem bothered eats
well and does not affect swimming although it's growth is slow compared
to other fish, do have over 30 fish in pond no others have been
affected.
any advice welcome thanks.

Thanks you for the post.

Didn't see this originally, but depending on where it is located one might
be able to perform surgical removal of tumor. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us