Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
jaycee jaycee is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotkat View Post
Its so exciting and a great challenge trying to grow standards with any fuchsias.

Go for it.

I am trying to grow a standard from one that came through the winter in our garden .

And lucky me it had 3 leaves the best type try a standard 2 leaves work well too.

Have a go and let me know how you are getting on or a photo please.
Thanks for your reply ScotKat, unfortunately I didn't win Deep Purple (was bidding on eBay) but won some others, so I'll try them and post photos if successful. By the way is it too late to start taking cuttings from plug plants at this time of year, or should I wait until next spring (assuming it's a warm one in the UK!!). Thanks, Jaycee