Old 08-08-2011, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

On 2011-08-08 12:18:10 +0100, Janet Tweedy
said:

In article , Sacha
writes
!! What utter madness. When I picked up a horseshoe nail in one tyre, I
certainly needed a spare. I've had 3 puncture altogether with this car,
having never had one in my life before!
--

I've had 12 in my Volvo 70 as the wheels are low profile. i also have to
have at least one every year at the MOT, and I don't do that many miles!

I've also had to get new tyres through wear and tear, though only two,
thank goodness. I commented to the tyre shop that I'd never had this kind
of thing with any other car and he said - honest injun - that 'they' don't
make tyres to last as long as they did. I can't remember the explanation
now, if I got one but apart from more profit to the tyre manufacturers, I
can't think of one!
--
Sacha
South Devon

I can't remember the explanation, but when I needed new tyres for my BMW, it
was explained to me that there are two different compositions for tyres and
it depends on what you are doing and how you are using your car. For
pottering around the lanes, cheapo composition tyres will do, but as I am
sometimes required to belt up the Motorways to attend Service Reunions or
Services as their President, I needed top quality ones. After all, you
wouldn't want to see me killed in a blow out on the M6 'cos I had the wrong,
i.e. "pottering" tyres on now would you?
..
..
..
..