Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

On 2011-08-08 18:30:38 +0100, Baz said:

Gordon H wrote in
:

In message , Baz
writes

This man is now in custody.
Baz

Good news.

I went to the court this morning to see that monster.

He has so many things against him in his past and with loads of
convictions, including violence and he is remanded in custody.

The a.hole has form including a jail sentence from which he was released
with conditions to return. He never complied.Bloody hell! Why?

Baz

I don't know what that means? He was supposed to hand himself over if he
re-offended or was caught doing so? He was supposed to 'sign in' at the
local police station once a day/week/month? Whatever it was, he doesn't
sound like the type who's going to be too bothered about complying with
anything. But I'm so glad he's been caught and we can hope he'll go to
jail for enough time to allow all of you to organise a neighbourhood watch
scheme that's effective and enough to put him off trying it on again.

I'm getting quite irritable, not to say bloody annoyed, at reading
criticism of the police handling of the current riots. Firstly, whatever
they do, they seem to be damned by doing too much by one side or not
enough by another. Secondly, people complain about not seeing enough
police when 'incidents' occur. Well, hello, moan about this in
'peacetime' and not when it's too late and moan to the politicians who
advocate soft sentencing and going easy on users of drugs. Thirdly, the
rioters we're seeing now aren't doing this because someone's holding a gun
to their heads, they're doing it because they want to. And tonight, live
on tv, we saw transmissions of the police having things hurled at them by
yobs breaking into vehicles and trying to stove in windows in their spare
time. It makes me mad to hear people moaning that the police do nothing
when they have to stand there and take that kind of treatment. The police
barely have time to draw breath before they're abused and assaulted yet
again. A little less bleeding heart and a bit more "we won't put up with
this from anyone" on the part of everybody seems to be required.
--
Sacha
South Devon

A lot of this is down to the attitude of the "I am so powerful .............
SIR" Police.

THEY are the ones who need to be taken down a notch or seven

Mike