Old 08-08-2011, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Impatiens - Au Revoir or Goodbye?

In article , Kate
writes
Hi Jake

Could you describe what the fungus looks like?

I've got some impatiens, most of the flowers have gone (usually they last
till 1st frost), the few that are left the pink looks washed out with
white patches. The stems and leaves maybe look a bit yellow/brown but
mostly very light green.

Is this what you're seeing? Do I need to dig up everything & burn? To me
it looks more tattey than disaesed at the min - my natural reaction is to
leave them and see if more flowers come later.

Thanks!

Kate xxx

They tend to look moth-eaten Kate and then just don't grow and slowly
look as if they have been eaten and just wither away. Horticultural news
says that growers may still sell impatiens next year but there is no
cure and some growers fear it's the end for the Bizzy Lizzies and people
just won't buy them.

http://tinyurl.com/44mggh6
for picture

--