Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default The smell

phorbin wrote:
In article , dude
says...

I am a Rational, live by logic and reason, seeks knowledge and a very
strong skeptic with a bit of pessimism. Some would say I have a cold and
emotionless personality.

Since my earlier post seems to have black-holed...

From what you've said so far, you sound illogical, unreasoning and
driven by old fears. Your experiences with black people may have been
bad but your conclusions about their race only make sense in a dark,
overly personal, emotional way.

Why not challenge your biases, prejudices and fear yourself before
handing them to others to challenge.

Fear is a major factor. Hearing gun fire almost every night in the city
should scare most people. I like the serenity of the country and feel at
peace. What is the reason behind all of this violence? I have a hard time
believing that poverty is the main cause. I have visited relatives in the
deep south that was dirt poor, teeth rotting, little food, homes that have
no electricity and heat with wood and outhouses. But I saw little crime and
did not feel threatened.

What parts are illogical in what I have said? I try to to challenge myself
often, but sometimes it needs a different point of view that others may
have insights on.

Billy is an example, I used chemical fertilizers and bug sprays often. What
he said about using these chemicals made sense. Gave me a list of books to
read to expand my knowledge. Books I would have never uncovered myself.
Learning new ways of thinking often comes from others. That is why I like
Billy, he challenges one. But it must come with reason and not threats. He
has never used threats even on off topics like the economy.