Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default The smell

phorbin wrote:
In article , dude
says...

I am a Rational, live by logic and reason, seeks knowledge and a very
strong skeptic with a bit of pessimism. Some would say I have a cold and
emotionless personality.

If you live up to your opinion of yourself, you will challenge your own
prejudices and not leave it for others to challenge them for you.

I always question my premises. If I and others find flaws in those
premises, I will most certainly change those presuppositions. Like I said I
do not like living with contradictions or paradoxes.

The problem with more controversial views, is that it is very difficult to
find those flaws in reasoning without debate. When others will just simply
reject them without reason and use threats, I tend to dismiss them. I use
to be a Christian and went to church every week, now I am an atheist,
because I listened to others and they made sense. As an atheist I have had
threats in the past. Some people just do not like others if they do fit in
their belief of what is the norm. I have had hundreds of debates with
Christians, they are crawling everywhere on the Campus of Wayne State
trying to convert others. I have read back to back, the king James, NIV and
the standard bible along with many supplementary books to learn the truth.
To learn the truth on must unfold the contradictions and they are many.

When people use violence to make their point, it is best to avoid them.
They do not like their beliefs to be challenged or have their faith
questioned. And they always want you to conform what they believe is right.
But then how does one know the truth? But sometimes trying to figure out
the truth can be a dangerous game when it comes to a belief or life style.

Now when people preach by the sword or prison like some other countries. I
will most certainly change my belief or what I say regardless. To live is
the highest priority. But our society is leaning towards limiting what
people say and do here in the US.

Free speech is coming to an end and I will abide by the laws of the land.