Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default Garlic, shallot and onion query

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 Sgt Pepper wrote:

Similar problems here in SW France. We had less than normal amounts of
winter rain and the worst drought for 50 years since March. I've watered as
best I can and had OK onions, but the shallots and garlic were much smaller
than normal.

I've found my first evidence of white rot and now that all the alliums are
lifted, I'm going to try an organic cure that I read about here ...
http://www.growyourown.info/page173.html

Fingers crossed that it works.

Hmmm, I bought some garlic bulbs from Thomson and Morgan this year and
planted them in my garden in Normandy. The last time I was over there
(three weeks ago) I noticed they were all suffering from white rot. :-(

David

http://rance.org.uk