Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default mandeville

On 9 Aug 2011 14:50:29 GMT, wrote:

My google skills appear to be failing me today. Does anyone have any
experience of how to go about propogating a mandeville plant? My neighbour
and I both have one each - mine is currently in full flower, she's sulking
cos hers is just starting to bud. :-)

I wondered about taking cuttings, but it's one of those plants that seems to
bleed a lot when it is snapped, so I'm not sure a cutting would work at all.

Anyone got any suggestions (preferably from experience)

My mother had a huge pink mandeville that she split every year right
down through the roots. I think that's the best way how to take
cuttings but it is a bit vicious! She gave away half of the plant and
SFAIK, they survived. One she gave to me got a bit too big for the
house so I put it outside against a wall. It lived up to winter 2009.

Steve

--
Neural network applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com