Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default mandeville

On 9 Aug 2011 14:50:29 GMT, wrote:

My google skills appear to be failing me today. Does anyone have any
experience of how to go about propogating a mandeville plant? My neighbour
and I both have one each - mine is currently in full flower, she's sulking
cos hers is just starting to bud. :-)

I wondered about taking cuttings, but it's one of those plants that seems to
bleed a lot when it is snapped, so I'm not sure a cutting would work at all.

Anyone got any suggestions (preferably from experience)

This may help:

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/...e.aspx?pid=713

Though not from experience, sorry. Just that I had a notion that
searching on Dipladenia might produce something worthwhile.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk