Old 10-08-2011, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Insect bite (again!!)

On 09/08/2011 23:00, wrote:
Same damned thing that bit me on the hand and my whole hand puffed up, but
this time it's bitten me right in the middle of my shin. :-(
A 2mm initial bite spot (actually, there are 2 of them, only one has reacted
/very/ badly) has turned into a dark red patch about 2cm across, a raised
bump about 6cm x 10cm. And it aches.

Go to your local pharmacy and get some loratidine or cetirizine
antihistamine tablets (these are "non-drowsy"). This will help dampen
the response to the bite. Also get some hydrocortisone-based cream to
rub on the bite.

As you react so badly, you might want to consider using insect-repellent
spray or cream before venturing into the garden for any length of time.

--

Jeff