Quote:
Originally Posted by jives11 View Post
Hi, My Mum uses "Green Thumb" who look after her lawn with 4
treatments per year. Does anyone have any experience of "Green Thumb"
or what the nature of their treatments are ? My Mums lawn is looking
very good, and is a rich dark green in colour, I just wondered if
other have used them ?

Thanks
Be very careful with Greenthumb. They were very good for 4 visits but then disaster! In March 2 years ago, they turned up in an old blue unmarked van and their treatment caused chemical damage to 2/3rd of my lawn - and then wanted to charge me £60 to put it right!!! Their customer care was abysmal and kept coming up with different excuses. These excuses being fed to their operator by mobile phone! The lawn mower was blunt (just been serviced by local firm who was not too pleased with this and not the brightess of moves by Greenthumb- they later changed their mind on this when they realised the bad publicity this was producing.) The grass was cut too short (Dead grass showed this was not correct) Cut too long - cut too wet! Local qualified garden experts all agreed it was chemical damage but Greenthumb went against all the clear and obvious evidence and the photographs of the damage caused. They did eventually come again but gave wrong treatment and couldn't even agree among themselves what treatment had been given! It however made it worse. Parts of the lawn will now have to be re-seeded in September.
The main problem with Greenthumb is the lack of business acumen. We all make mistakes, but the priority should be to put it right and keep a customer. In this area Greenthumb were a dismal failure.
It is a shame that a good concept can be downgraded by just one poor franchisee (although I now see from various postings,it is not confined to my area) and bad customer relations from the Head Office. Where once I was recommending them I now relate my bad experiences. How so easily it could have been solved locally and a once loyal customer retained. A local landscape gardener, who has just had to dig up my friends lawn afer it was ruined by Greenthumb, stated he was seeing more and more problems caused by this Company. So beware!