Old 10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
roboman2 roboman2 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumbLawns View Post
Hi
This is just a quick note to take issue with the above comments.

GreenThumb has been treating lawns in the UK for 25 years, treating more than 430,000 customers and carrying out over 2 million lawn treatments every year.

They are the largest end user of professional domestic fertiliser in the country and have built their reputation on superb service, superior products, and great value for money.

The business is franchised with more than 200 outlets across the UK. Within those 200+ branches are approximately 600 lawn operatives. Every single lawn operative that works for GreenThumb is PA1 and PA6 licensed. A franchisee could potentially lose his business if he was caught breaking the law in this regard and we would have no problem with any customer asking to see a lawn operatives licence to treat lawns, so do not be afraid to ask.‘you don’t need a degree in horticulture, or even the ability to tell a weed from a wallflower’ was rather worrying but he did go on to

There may be from time to time an issue with a lawn operative, but if you speak to the local branch they will do what they can to put it right. They offer a 'no quibble' service so if you do have problems, be sure to let your local branch know. GreenThumb is not perfect, but absolutely do their best to make lawns look beautiful, to offer a superb service and to makes their customers happy.
I'm sorry to disagree with the above comments when it says Greenthumb offer a 'no quibble' service. As I found out to my cost this is certainly NOT the case and I am sure, by reading other postings, that I'm not alone in this opinion. When they ruined my lawn all I got was varied excuses - an offer to put it right if I paid them £60 and complete indifference to other expert opinions and to any customer care. I don't know what their training is like but I believe they advertise that 'you don't need a degree in horticulture, or even the ability to tell a weed from a wallflower’ to work for them!