Old 10-08-2011, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default pistachio shells

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:58:29 +0100, Adam Funk
wrote:

I've been putting pistachio shells in my worm/compost bin with the
rest of the kitchen waste. They don't break down quickly, but (unlike
avocado stones, for example), they aren't big enough to be a nuisance
in the output.

But I've used cocoa shell mulch in the past, and I'm wondering whether
pistachio shells might also be useful as mulch. Any ideas?

Also, is the salt likely to be harmful?

I have used pistachio shells for mulch. They seem to be OK. They turn
black after a few days - I don't know why. The ones I get are unsalted
so I can't answer on if it's harmful.

Steve

--
Neural network applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com