Old 10-08-2011, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default What would cause really fibrous pea pors and snap peas?

Sound like your seed has gotten crossed with a shelling pea (English pea).

"Bob F" wrote in message
This years crop for me is really bad, especially the snap peas. You pick
them, even ones that are still small, and eat them. Chew, chew, chew, and
you end up with a mouthful of green fiber.

I am using the same bed as alternating previous years, with no real change
in my technique as far as I know. The weather here in Seattle was, and
mostly continues to be cool this year.