Old 10-08-2011, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Insect bite (again!!)

On 10 Aug 2011 14:27:01 GMT, wrote:

Kay wrote:
Afterbite and similar sticks contain some sort of ammonia compound, and
again relieve itching afterwards. I've found that they also seem to reduce
the swelling and blistering that I usually get from mozzie bites (I usually
get swelling as described by the OP, and a central area up to 1cm across of
yellow fluid-fillied blisters).

Definitely wasn't a mosquito - no itching, just a central dimple (presumably
where the bite started), a widening dark red patch, and a widening (but
shrinking again now, fortunately) raised swollen patch, which was very warm
to the touch when it was at it's peak.

A warm raised swelling patch is probably a spider bite rather than an
insect. Most spider bites hurt immediately but false widows get away
before any pain or swelling is noticed. They usually get better in a
day or two.

Steve

--
Neural network applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com