Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default How bad is bad?

"Kay" wrote in message

On 10/08/2011 09:41, in article ,
"Bill Grey" wrote:

The abolishment of corporal punishment was the start of the rot.

I can't agree with that. I know people who started life as bright,
confident
primary school children, went to a secondary school with corporal
punishment, and, although never likely to deliberately break a rule, went
in
fear and emerged into adulthood with all the confidence knocked out of
them.
I wouldn't want a return to that.

Wow ! Your statement about knowing people etc...... is somewhat surreal.
Having confidence knocked out of them is certainly an exaggeration or a
distortion of the facts.

What sort of school was that ?? Life in school wasn't /that/ bad in the
19th century for goodness sake.

As far as I can recall, we didn't hear of "Corporal Punishment" until the
incident involving Sea Cadets at Dartmouth (Something like that anyway)

We're taking the occasional cane, not the ritual beating up of children.

Don't forget when referring to children, some of the rioters and miscreants
classed as children are in their early teens and well aware of the
consequences of their actions.

Bill