Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Miniature orange tree

In article ,
mazda28 wrote:

'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;932660']mazda28 wrote:-
Hi I brought a miniature orange tree a few months back. Tree seems
very healthy, I have had some problems with a bug I think was called
scale. Followed instructions to remove and think i got rid of it.

My problem is that it has now had a growth spurt, loads of new leaves
have come through. Which would be great apart from the new leaves are
huge they are more than 4 times bigger than any of the other leaves on
the tree. They are also a different color. Lighter green and look
completely different to the old leaves. They have ripples on them.
Will try and attache some photos of the old leaves and new leaves, but
new to forums.-

Where are the new leaves attached? Are they from the top of the plant
or
below the bud union?

Thanks for the reply.

They are at the top of plant, they have grown on the end of the
branches. I have 1 new shoot with huge leaves there is also 3 more
shoots on the end of the other branches that seem to have the same
leaves coming through.

You have the same root system feeding fewer leaves. They will grow more
quickly, and darken with time. Unfortunately, they are more vulnerable
to insects after quick growth. If they are palmate, then something is
amiss.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis