Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

In message , Baz
writes

And also why have a knob head serving with our patriotic volunteers, true
they are paid accordingly, but why have someone/s with you who is an
outcast, and you are defending your country. The last thing you need is a
convict with you.

Baz

I did two years National Service, and can assure you that those of us
whose careers were interrupted by N.S. were not the "knob heads".

Most of the regulars of our age and experience were lads who had become
RAF apprentices at an early age, and the impression I got was that quite
a few were getting away from bad homes, or were unable to get decent
jobs or training elsewhere.

Some Senior NCOs were the tops, especially those on the technical side,
but our Admin Flight Sergeant was a Neanderthal gorilla of a man.
When 6 new beds were allocated to our billet, we pointed out that all of
the beds were perfectly serviceable, to which he replied "Bring 'em out
here"!

He then proceeded to jump up and down on them on the billet steps until
they were bent, and had to be scrapped.

Knob head? For sure!
--
Gordon H