Old 11-08-2011, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

In message , chris French
writes
In message , Gordon H
writes

On more that one occasion where car theft has occurred within sight of
my property I have been asked "Did you get anything on your cameras"?

My answer is sorry, - they cover only my own property, to have a
camera covering public space you require authorisation.

Not correct (assuming they are on a domestic property)

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/faqs/da...public.aspx#f8
9CC45B4-580B-4FCD-98A2-278DE2D7446C

I stand corrected, but I have seen TV clips of a number of cases where
trouble has resulted from the use of cameras which overlook neighbour's
property, so mine are carefully aligned.

There are other potential dangers from using CCTV cameras, which I won't
detail here.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply