Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

In message , 'Mike'
writes

I went to a Private School and the Slipper was very effective.

I went to a Grammar school and the teachers managed without the cane,
though one teacher did always have a plimsole on the blackboard shelf,
which he nave used.

But here is an interesting thought, to what degree did a Private education
'implant' a different, more adult/responsible 'mind' in the body? We have
quite a 'sprinkling' of privately educated people in our family and the
thought of any of them running amok as the looters and crowds have been
doing shocks us. The resulting qualifications and professions speaks
volumes.
Mike

I'm sure that the thrashings which out senior politicians received at
their various[1] educational establishments helped to imbue them with a
strong sense of superiority and an intense desire to get their own back
by bashing the workers.

Of course there is always the danger of them acquiring a taste for
domination or self-abasement, which could be embarrassing if it came to
light at the peak of their careers.

What was the name of that politician who was found deceased with an
orange in his mouth and wearing stockings and suspenders?
Some kind of eroticism involving partial asphyxiation, I assume?

[1] Not actually very varied - most are from the same stable...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply