Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 PM posted to aus.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Close to Spring

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Jeßus" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:08:23 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

I have seen a very neat
little still in a brew shop in Mildura, but I wouldn't know it was a pot
or
a conventional one.

This page explains the basic differences:
http://homedistiller.org/types.htm

Aaaah! Thank you - a very interesting site.

Basically, with a pot still (used in Cognac), the first and last over
(heads & tails) is discarded. This distillation is done 2 or 3 times.
With a continuous still (coffee still?) a thermometer is set into a
column above the liquid being distilled, just adjacent to the discharge
to the cooling coil. IIRC about 201 F (94 C) is where you should start
taking your cut. Very volitile substance will exit the top of the
column, and less volitile substances will re-condense and and fall back
into the boiling chamber.

No sun here lately, we're flooded in for the fourth time this year.

Bugger!

All the locals say they've never seen weather like this before, what
with record snow falls as well. At the same time ironically this
winter has been relatively warm. I need to go to Hobart this Friday,
so hopefully we won't get much more rain this week...

IIRC, you're somewhere up the nth east coast???????

Wanted to thank you for the suggestion of Donna Leon. Lovey-poo is
enjoying them immensely. We were very pleased that Guido Brunetti et al
are out in video format as well, from Germany mit Unter Titles. So far
we've seen Episode 1, Vendetta; and Episode 2, Anonymous Venetian.
http://www.mhznetworks.org/shop/
The DVDs are a little pricey for us, so we'll continue to extract them
off the TV.

The Irene Huss mysteries, based on the best-selling crime fiction of
Helene Tursten looks good too.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis