Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default How bad is bad?

In message , 'Mike'
writes

Gordon have you been involved with the Prison Service, Prisoners and their
sentence?

No?

Prison is NO deterrent.

I KNOW.
Mike

Yes, one of my daughters was (briefly) married to a young man who was a
wild man, ie- I went to watch him play soccer on a pitch not far from
where we lived. As I arrived he was having his name taken for hitting
a spectator, who lost quite a few teeth.

At the time of the Toxteth riots he was out drinking with mates and on
the way home smashed a shop window and nicked a stereo system.
He was caught and was given 3 months in Strangeways.

I didn't know about this until they were married, but I tackled him
about it.

He said "I got out after two months due to good behaviour, and I will
make damn sure I never go back! I thought I was hard until I met the
two guys I had to share a cell with"...

After he got them into debt she ditched him, but he stayed out of
trouble after that...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply