Old 12-08-2011, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default How does spider mite attack actually kill a plant?

On Aug 11, 10:11*pm, "AL_n" wrote:
It took me many attemts to get a successfully rooting cutting from a
hibiscus shrub. Then when I finally succeeded, it got attacked by what I
guess was spider mites. I could see a load of minute dead white bus on the
undesides of the leaves and a few cobweb-like starnds too. The leaves all
sort of dried up, and the plant seems to have given up the ghost, despite
having grown decent roots. How does this happen? Can I revive the baby
shrub?

TIA

Al

As you observed they just suck them dry. See my reply further down.

Rod