Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Plant ID Please

On 2011-08-12 15:49:35 +0100, Granity
said:

My wife took this photo in Austria but nobody could tell her what it
was. It looks familiar to me but it's name escapes me. Thanks in advance

http://tinyurl.com/3pvmt3s

Looks like pokeweed, Phytolacca americana.

Amazing. *I've only ever seen this growing once, in The Courts NT
garden in Wiltshire. *I couldn't remember the name but the berries are
poisonous, I think. *Then tonight, Monty saw it growing and said he
didn't know what it was, so well done Sacha!

Pam in Bristol

I've grown it for a few years, sold some at plant sales
Interesting but nothing to rave over.