Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garlic, shallot and onion query

"Sgt Pepper" wrote ...

Similar problems here in SW France. We had less than normal amounts of
winter rain and the worst drought for 50 years since March. I've watered as
best I can and had OK onions, but the shallots and garlic were much smaller
than normal.

I've found my first evidence of white rot and now that all the alliums are
lifted, I'm going to try an organic cure that I read about here ...
http://www.growyourown.info/page173.html

Fingers crossed that it works.

Well I have today watered the plot our onions will be in next season with
garlic water, rain is due this night so that should water it in well. Here's
hoping it works.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK