Old 13-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
On 2011-08-12 21:03:31 +0100, Pam Moore said:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:30:04 +0100, Sacha

On 2011-08-12 15:49:35 +0100, Granity
said:

My wife took this photo in Austria but nobody could tell her what it
was. It looks familiar to me but it's name escapes me. Thanks in advance

http://tinyurl.com/3pvmt3s

Looks like pokeweed, Phytolacca americana.

Amazing. I've only ever seen this growing once, in The Courts NT
garden in Wiltshire. I couldn't remember the name but the berries are
poisonous, I think. Then tonight, Monty saw it growing and said he
didn't know what it was, so well done Sacha!

Pam in Bristol

We sell it, Pam, so not really clver of me, though thank you! We're
out of it this year but as we have a few people waiting for next year's
lot, it seems to be one of those plants that's becoming popular as an
ornamental. We were amazed/amused to see it on GW tonight.
--
Sacha
Buy plants online, including rare and exotic plant varieties from Hill House Nursery